Saturday 6 August 2016

MALDIVES , A PARADISE ON EARTH


Maldives, a Paradise on Earth
Maldives has always been my dream destination and stood number one in my bucket list. Last year I traveled to Maldives to celebrate my 8th Anniversary, which was a surprise gift to me, until the very last day of my departure. Maldives is a group of thousand islands with each resort occupying its own island.
With all the excitement in my heart, I boarded the flight purposely bearing the window seat number onto my boarding pass to enjoy the forthcoming breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean. The landing of the flight at Ibrahim Nasir International airport was simply mesmerizing as the sea looked serene with small islands which seemed as if a necklace were sprawled. I could not stop myself from taking the photographs of the Archipelago. The turquoise blue sea looked so crystal clear that surprisingly I could see the shadow of my flight. As I disembarked the aircraft, I could feel the cool breeze of the sea welcoming me to the land of sun sand and sea. Surprisingly, unlike any other place I did not see a taxi hovering around but the lovely blue ocean awaiting with my jetty for my transfers.
                                                   Aerial view of the Maldivian Island
                                   waiting for the jetty at Ibrahim Nasir International airport                                                                                   
My husband and I chose “Club Med “, resort on the island of Kani. Most recently Club Med has set up some pretty exclusive villas at the neighboring island of Finolhu. The club staff greeted my arrival at the noon with refreshing welcome drink. The resort has three categories of rooms 1. Deluxe room 2. Super deluxe rooms 3.Lagoon suites, depending upon the requirement and preferences of the guests. Apparently, I had opted for Super deluxe room on the beach for three nights which was sea facing. My villa looked “rustic” outwardly with soothing Bose music system inside enhancing the ambiance even more. My room was cozy and comfortable with a welcome basket of fruits and Champagne drawing me to high spirits. I chose this category of room as my husband I were looking forward to spend time in out lounging on the beach to enjoy all the activities arranged by the resort to entertain their guests to the fullest. Super deluxe rooms are designed for people who plan to spend more time on the beach where as Lagoon suites are located at the end of the island and are meant for guests who wish to spend a personal quality time and the best part of these suites is that, sea lovers and swimmers can step directly in to the shallow water from their balconies and enjoy snorkeling, swimming and nice view of corals.

                                                                    My villa
                                     
                                                   A walk towards the lagoon suites.      
The club med resorts are known for its warm sunshine services and it has a plentiful fun activities planned everyday to keep their guests occupied and entertained through out their stay like Zumba,Aqua aerobics, Sun set yoga ,Cycling ,Snorkeling ,Kayaking and sailing on the catamarans, which is the most amazing way to enjoy the sea and corals. Of all the activities, I personally enjoyed the Micheal Jackson show, where the performances by the GO’s {Club staff} were just too electrifying. Also there was party till the dawn for party lovers like me.
The special feature of the club was, that it offered all inclusive package of the basic meals, drinks and activities. The main dining area has quite a wide spread of international cuisine with several live counters.
For the most awaited day ,my anniversary, the GO’s had complementary decorated the room with fresh exotic flowers elevating my mood ,while the lavender oil diffuser filled up the villa with a soothing fresh vibe. In the evening, the candle light dinner was laid by the beach with mouthwatering delicacies accompanied by the waves which brought in me a sense of tranquility and revitalized my mind body and soul. As I was entering the sphere of peace, suddenly I could hear the chores of ‘Happy Anniversary song sung by the GO’s along with cake towards us which was a indeed very overwhelming, I truly felt HOME and a very good gesture of their hospitality.


Candle light dinner at the beach.

As the time for the departure neared, my heartfelt heavy and my mind started rushing around the island mustering all the possible memories I could carry along. The moment I boarded the jetty for the airport , I never felt like leaving the place and I wished I could stay here forever. I have seen beautiful sea and islands around the world but Maldives always stood out. I can bet, there is something about this place that’s quite not like any other in this world with a perfect combination of white sand, turquoise blue water ,palm fringed beaches blue lagoons and extensive reefs which are worth capturing. 
I personally thank Eric, Ibraham Asim ,Martin and all the other staff for their hospitality.It was my best gift and the unforgettable island experience ever, and truly A PARADISE ON EARTH. 
           
Group picture with Club Med team

I strongly feel if you are looking for a free mind holiday then this is the place which offers all inclusive package..
However, there are certain things to remember:
1.     Wi-Fi connectivity is weak so it’s better to enjoy solitude.
2. Service taxes are relatively higher and can vary as the food drinks have to be shipped from abroad to Male.
3. Check the villa location directly or with your travel agent, to avoid its location near restaurants, bar or generators.
4. Boat transfers can longer than scheduled in case of bad weather.
5. Confirm all your transfers to the staff one night before your departure to avoid chaos.
Our memories of Maldives will linger on for long, after our footprints in the sand are gone”


No comments:

Post a Comment